All personnel participating in MRI studies should satisfy the three criteria listed below to possess the status of Level-I MR personnel. All three trainings will be available for signing up on CU Learn when arranged. Please contact us by email at email@example.com if you have related questions.
- Complete the CMRIF Safety Training course (EHS 2960) conducted by the Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) and the CMRIF staff. A refresher course (EHS 2965) is required every year afterwards.
- Complete the Universal Precautions course (EHS 2945) conducted by EH&S. This is a one-time requirement.
- Investigators must possess a valid Heartsaver CPR/AED certificate (EHS 5350).
To register trainings on CU Learn:
Heartsaver CPR/AED – One can sign up for the CPR certification/recertification course through CU Learn. Go to CU Learn and search the catalog by typing in either “CPR” or“5350” for certification; the following course should appear:
- EHS-AHA Heartsaver AED/CPR Training (5350)
After successful completion, you will receive a CPR/AED card from American Heart Association. Please email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org for record-keeping.
MRI Refresher – One must have successfully completed the initial MRI Safety Training Course in order to enroll the refresher. To sign up, go to CU Learn and search the catalog by typing in either “MRI” or “2965”; the following course should appear:
- EHS-MRI Safety for CMRIF Research Use Refresher (2965MRIRefresh)
Enroll in the class, and launch the web-based course.